Sunday, September 29, 2019

Sucktember? Sweetember?

"They have a cave troll!"

This September has been, unfortunately, the hardest school year start up to date. I’ve got twenty-nine wonderful grade fours to teach, but quite a few are below grade level in math and English. Our new provincial government is also out to get teachers, so there’s a lot of extra tension around the school. And to top things off, my poor baby girl is in grade one now and has dealt with two bullying issues and a week of ear infections. There has not been much time for board gaming.


On the positive side, we still haven't found a time to show off our game to the potential publisher, but we’ve been working hard to get the game up and running on Tabletop Simulator so we can demo it for them. Even if nothing becomes of this demo, the owner of the company is experienced and highly respected in the community and will give us some great feedback. This has also lit a fire under our butts and we've gotten a lot done, especially Aaron who has been working tirelessly to turn this thing into a digital product to showcase to publishers. It's made it a lot easier for us to playtest and tweak things. When I have any more details, I will let you know!

I have managed to dig out a tiny bit of time for solo board gaming and I've been tackling my second attempt at The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth. You may recall that I lost my last campaign in heartbreaking fashion in the last scenario. I've since discovered that I've been playing (at least) one rule very wrong - I didn't know you could choose more than one attack on a weapon card if you had enough successes!

This time I'm taking Aragorn, Beravor, and Elena along for the ride, trying out a team of three. I'm currently on the third scenario and while the first two went relatively smoothly, this one is not looking so good right now. The picture above shows the situation we find ourselves in. We have decent health, but we're not feeling particularly inspired for the upcoming battle.


I'll be sure to post as soon as anything new and exciting happens. Keep crashin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment