Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Solo-ser

Aaron having our game on Tabletop Simulator makes it really easy to jump in and play a quick game to see how things are going. I did this last night. A few observations from my disappointing loss last night:

  • I feel pretty proud of the uniqueness and variety of the cards. This time I went a mystic/magic/arcane focus and one of the first cards I picked up were the Levitating Boots. They allowed me to give a -1 to all enemy melee attacks. This saved my life a few times when I was surrounded by giant Rat Warriors. I also acquired the Charm of Absorption which allowed me to get an extra point of XP for each enemy defeated. On the round where I scorched 5 enemies, that gave me 10 total XP. That made for a fun little shopping spree!
  • The game, at least this first mission, is pretty balanced. This first mission is a little easier than the follow up ones, but it's still very possible to lose (as I made apparent this game). There are certain ebbs and flows to the game. Things start to seem easy on round 9 when you've built up a nice deck, but then round 10 comes and the enemies hit the next threat level and all of a sudden you're swarmed by new spawns.
  • Gnome Hunters don't care if you're levitating. I was able to fend off the assassins and warriors pretty easily, but when four hunters pulled a card that gave them a +1 attack if I was within two spaces, well, my 6 health level and 0 block cards couldn't handle that.
Should be having a meeting with that mysterious publisher this week. Will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment