Wednesday, August 7, 2019

First Foray into the Dungeon

Image result for dnd logo
Not much to report here, but at the end of the month I'm going to be diving into my first ever Dungeons and Dragons session! I've wanted to try it out for quite a while, but I just haven't found the right group or the right time. A long time friend of mine messaged me this week, though, and said they have room for one more at the table for the beginning of a new campaign.

He said they could really use a ranger. Since I'm a dwarf at heart, I decided on a crossbow wielding dwarf gloom stalker (keep in mind that this is my first time and so I have no idea about what makes a "good" choice for a character). We only confirmed this last night and so I haven't had much time to think about it yet, but here's what I've got so far.

Thalgot Rockforge is looking for his brother, lost five years ago in the attack on a deep, dark elf city. Thalgot can speak drow, as he is often used as a scout due to his stealth and survival skills. As he seeks out Madam Eva, the mystical fortune teller who lives outside the small trading town of Charlton, what will he discover?

I imagine my character to look something like this...
From https://www.artstation.com/artwork/q8v4R

...although I'd give him longer, darker hair on top.


This is my first time in a real RPG, so, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment