Monday, November 20, 2017

Get Lost! (Review of The Lost Expedition)

Total Plays: 5 solo, 5 cooperative

COMPONENTS
I think this is one of the most beautiful games I've played. I love the style of the artwork and the vibrant colours and pictures. They seem pretty good quality as well, although I'm not an expert on card thickness and types. I'm a crappy shuffler (my wife is embarrassed of me) and I find it extra hard to shuffle these giant cards, but it's worth it to have more space to show off the beauty. 5/5

RULES
Really easy to read and follow along. It's not a long or complicated game which definitely simplifies it. I found it pretty easy to learn on my own and to teach to others. 5/5

GAMEPLAY
I often find it difficult to really "get into" a card game because you don't have much in terms of pieces and a board to move things around and interact with. But having a little meeple and path to move along really helps. Plus the art is amazing and draws you in. I think of this game as a much more puzzly Friday and I'm not sure I've figure out how to best solve the puzzle so far. I think I need some more practice, but I'm enjoying figuring it out. 4/5

REPLAYABILITY
This is a tough one to gauge after just 10 plays, but I know that I have not seen all of the cards yet. This is not usually the type of game that I play and isn't my favourite type, so I'm not sure how much I will get it to the table solo. I feel like the type of gameplay will get a little old for me. 3/5

FUN
I enjoy this game. It's fun to try to figure out how the heck to survive. It's really fun looking at the cards. The game is a little more puzzly than I usually enjoy, but it's probably the best of the those type of games for me. 5/10

TOTAL SCORE - 22/30

No comments:

Post a Comment