Monday, November 20, 2017

Yes, It's That Good

My plan was to be done my list of top solo games for 2017 and that Gloomhaven would just have to make it on next year.  It got here too late to play it enough to know how good it is.

I was wrong.  I know how good it is.  I'm addicted.

The game has everything.  A million pieces.  Card-based movement and attack actions (this is why I love Gears of War as well).  Legacy style elements.  Leveling up.  Big decisions.  Money.  Loot.  Terrifying creatures.  This game is SO big but SO fun.  I highly recommend picking it up if you have any interest in (1) dungeon crawlers, (2) role playing games, (3) board games, and/or (4) fun of any kind.

I'm very hesitant to post much because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone.  Here's my spoiler free first scenario playthrough:
(1) I used two characters.  One was more of an attacker and the other was more of a support.  These are the boxes they came in.
(2) They killed a lot of enemies, although they both came near to death in the second of three rooms.
(3) Both achieved their battle goals - one involved activating a trap and the other involving gaining a certain amount of experience.
(4) My attacker exhausted before the end of the scenario, but he did some crazy damage with his last two cards.
(5) Left to himself, my support character ignited several enemies on fire to win the game.

Wow!  The scenario was way more awesome than this write up!  If you want me to post with more spoilers, just comment and I will!  The game is so beautiful it's hard not to take pictures!

Anyway, I'll post what I can!  Would love to hear about your Gloomhaven experiences as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment