Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Perfect in Our Imperfection (Donisi)

playtesting never ends
Just because I haven't posted much about my own board game lately does not mean that nothing has been going on. I did a "third printing" of my game with all the card updates we've made over the last few months (and am cutting out a mini "fourth print" for about 10 cards). Aaron is coming over tomorrow night and we're going to play and brainstorm. My mother-in-law (who is a writer) is going to go through our story with me over Christmas break to tighten up the plot and clarify any confusing parts.

The vast majority of my time, however, has been spent on playtesting. You can see the text here between Aaron and I the other day. This game is my baby. I've been working on it in some semblance for the last two years. If this we're going to make a run at this game and produce it, I want it to be the best that it can be. If there is a second printing in six months that fixes a bunch of errata and errors, that's a problem to me. Obviously the game won't be perfect and if there are mistakes that we can fix later on with a second edition, I want to do that. It is not my desire, though, to just push this game out as soon as it is just about ready. I want it to really be ready when it hits Kickstarter or gets picked up by a publisher or however it gets out there. 

That being said, I feel in a weird place right now. I really, honestly, am enjoying the game. It is a lot of fun with a lot of decisions and customization. When you play the same level of a game that you've been immersed in for two years over and over and over again, it gets a little repetitive. Soon (ish), we'll have enough art and other stuff figured out that we can print off a really good demo version and I can get some other playtesters besides just me and a few of my friends (who have had some really good ideas). I feel like I'm in the grindfest of an RPG right now - battling minions over and over again to level up enough for the boss. All I want to is level up enough so that I can share this game with all my adoring fans! 

No comments:

Post a Comment