Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Crashed on Crashin'

I'm not sure how your mind works, but I know how mine does (or doesn't). I easily get obsessive about things and also have a need for recognition. These two things led to the early demise of this blog last year. I began to get too anxious about making sure I was posting enough (for my millions of followers) and also really wanting to have a million followers.

But, as I was reflecting on my board gaming life, I realized that I really like having a written outlet for my gaming. Maybe (probably) no one will read this, but I still find it enjoyable to post about what I'm doing. Will it be every day? No. Every week? I don't know. I just want to do it when I want to.

Sooooo, what have I been up to?
  • Working hard on designing a game with a close friend of mine. It's a co-operative deckbuilding dungeon crawler. I have the first mission mostly put together, still working on tweaking the AI but we're close. My friend has been working on some really amazing art. We're going to be playtesting it tonight so I'll probably post something about that.
  • Recently received some really awesome kickstarters. Goblivion arrived just after Christmas, a  fantastic solo or two player co-coperative castle defense deckbuilder. It has some really unique ways to build your deck. The 5 Minute Dungeon expansion Curses! Foiled Again! arrived on Monday afternoon. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it adds so many goodies that I can't wait! Lastly is Unbroken, which is not here yet, but will be in the next few weeks/months. That is a solo game that I can't wait for. I'll talk about all of these in more detail in their own posts at some point.
  • Other than gaming I have been fathering, husbanding, teaching, tutoring, and occasionally, sleeping.
There you have it. I'm back, but busy. Hopefully someone will get something out of this blog, but, at the last, it'll be like a board gaming journal for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment