Monday, February 5, 2018

He Made Me an Offer I Couldn't Refuse

On Saturday we went over to the godfather's house - well, the godfather of my children's house.  He's one of my closest friends and we've known each other since kindergarten (about 25 years).  He and his wife are also the ones we've gamed with the longest, getting each other hooked on Bohnanza about 7 years ago.

What was the offer I couldn't refuse?  He invited us over for a night of newborn baby holding, board games, and Seoul fried chicken.  Who could refuse that? 

Once we stuffed our faces with chicken and managed to wrangle the children into bed, we got down to gaming business (after making some peanut butter cookies as well...).

First up was Kingdomino.  Sharayah and I have played this lots but we haven't had a chance to introduce it to Brennan and Mel yet.  It's an easy game to teach, though, as it's basically dominoes with a twist.  It's a very simple, beautiful game and we had a lot of fun!  If you haven't been reading my posts and paying attention, you know that my wife usually kicks my butt at games like this.  Well, this night was no different except that Brennan and I did manage to pull out a co-victory.

I don't know what you use to track your games played and help you score you points, but I use Pointedly on the iPhone.  It's free and really easy to use.  I highly recommend it!

From there we played some Dream Home and Mel and Sharayah destroyed Brennan and I.  We finished off with a fast and furious couple games of 5 Minute Dungeon, my favourite light cooperative game last night.  I am hoping and praying for expansions!

While I tend to do most of board gaming solo, these are my favourite times.  Not just playing games with others, but specifically wtih these two.  They are my favourite people to game with and be with.  

No comments:

Post a Comment