Saturday, January 6, 2018

You Got Porgs, We Got Borgs (Playthrough of Star Trek: Frontiers)

When rumours of Borg activity reach my ears, I don't hesitate.  I jump into action right away.  We've had relative peace within the galaxy for several years and I'm not about to let a few giant cubes ruin that.

I warped as close to their last known coordinates as possible.

The Borg aren't the only enemies we have to worry about.  Shortly after I exited warp speed I encountered a Romulan ship.  Before they knew what hit them, I blasted them away with a long range attack.

Shortly after we discovered an uncharted planet.  We sent a team to the surface and through diplomatic discussions they were able to win over the new race of aliens.

More Romulans and we dealt with them the same way - a long range attack before they even know we were there.

And then we spotted it - a Borg cube.  I was amazed and how it could cloak itself fo so long, only seeing it when it was right under my nose.

There would be no using diplomacy here - it would have to be an all out attack.


Luckily for me I had learned some new tricks in my adventures in space.  I got system access to their entire fleet and shut down their resistances.

Then I prepared my long range pulse torpedos and let loose.


One Borg cube down, one more to go.

Well, it didn't take long to find it - it was right behind me.  This ship was obviously better prepared with stronger defenses and weapons.  I was also running out of time - the rumours about the Borg had included a warning that they were getting ready to unleash a deadly weapon on an unsuspecting planet and the weapon was almost ready to fire.  I had no time to waste.

I needed all my firepower for this one so I again used my system access to override their defenses.  Than I used my bigger pulse torpedo gun to hit them even harder.


Victory at the last possible second.

No comments:

Post a Comment