Monday, January 22, 2018

Board Game Designer?

I've had plenty of experience playing board games over the last two years, but lately I've been dabbling in board game creating as well.  A few friends and I have been working on a few game ideas but nothing really solid.  I knew that when I made I game I wanted to make one that I would like.  So that game needs to (A) be a deckbuilder, (B) be an action/adventure game and (C) have a board to travel around on.

I've actually been working on one idea in particular over the last 9 months and am getting a pretty good handle on it.  I've got starting characters, starting cards, a whole bunch of upgrade cards, enemies and their cards, and a whole bunch of ideas.  But you know what I'm finding?  This is HARD work.  Hard BRAIN work.  My brain hasn't worked this hard in a while.  I don't want to give away too much of the game (in case on of you tries to steal my idea *insert shifty eyes here*), but it is indeed an action/adventure deckbuilder with a board.

Someday I'm hoping to have a solid prototype and maybe even kickstart it.  For now, I'm (mostly) enjoying the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment