Friday, December 22, 2017

Tragic Events Unboxing

One of my favourite cooperative games is Flash Point: Fire Rescue.  A lot of my games fall into the sci-fi/fantasy theme, and that can be very a big turn off for non-gamers.  But be a firefighter and save people?  That's an easy them to get into for anywhere!  Plus, the game is pretty easy to pick up and play without too much reading and learning to do.

That's why, when Tragic Events, the latest expansion for Flash Point came up on Kickstarter, I backed it.  And yesterday, it arrived!



There are two many reasons why I wanted to back this expansion.  First of all, it came with three new characters (I had already purchased the Extreme Danger expansion and so I had the unique, detailed miniatures for the other characters).  I like having choice in how to play a game, and having different characters with different abilities helps you do that.

Three new characters and an updated card for one of the existing ones.

Secondly, this expansion adds two decks of cards for events and fires.  I like the idea that the fire will spread in a more varying way than just rolling dice after each turn.  I think that giving the fire this kind of AI deck will help liven the game up a bit.

The arty style of the fire deck especially is top notch.

I'm not sure when I'll get this new expansion to the table in between the Clanks! and the Gloomhavens, but I'll have to try and do it soon.  Plus, the stretch goals got us these adorable new POIs.  How can I not play with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment