Monday, March 18, 2019

You Wood Not Believe My Score

We spent Saturday with some of our very best friends. They have kids close to our age and they're getting old enoug now (above that three year old mark) that we actually can play some games while they're awake. So Brennan and I pulled out a game of Kingdomino in front of a very excitable crowd of tiny people. Kingdomino is one of my very favourite games. I'm pretty sure there are some solo variants that I haven't bothered to look up because I really love this one multiplayer. Since we were only playing a two player game, we decided to shoot for a 7x7 grid instead of the usual 5x5. Above is pictured my finished kingdom - only missed out on one tile (curse Brennan, forcing that double forest piece on me).That 13 square, 5 crown area gave me a whopping 65 points. That gave me the 141-92 victory.

I want to take this moment to put in a plug for the Pointedly app. I don't know the developers at all, I believe it's a father-son duo, but I love this app. You can save all of your games and scores and different players. You can look back and see how many times you've won. There a few options to keep track of the score (lowest or highest score, in rounds or one shots, etc.). It's free but they do take donations. I recommend it.

After the beating, we decided to maintain our friendship by trying a cooperative game. I've only got two plays out of the new 5 Minute Dungeon: Curses! Foiled Again! expansion (my second play seeing me and another friend getting trounced by the fourth boss). The new expansion definitely ramps up the difficulty, so we went for the first level, taking on the Baby Barbarian. It's really tough to get pictures of this game because (a) it's timed so it's not easy to stop and snap a picture and (b) there is a wicked app as the timer so my phone is already being used. But, we did it! We crushed it, actually. Next time we'll move up to the second boss. So far, I'm enjoying the expansion. I like the new cards and having the powerful artifacts and the curses add a unique mechanism change. I'll have to play some more to see if I like it more than the base game.

Just last night I finished my custom insert for Gloomhaven. Total cost? I'll tell you when I upload the video later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment