Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Cut and Play (Cloud Dungeon)

I was looking for a storytelling or RPG-ish game to play with my seven year old daughter, and so where did I look? That's right, I went to the best source: BoardGameGeek. Whenever I'm having difficulty finding something to play next, I just asked the wonderful BGGers and I always get amazing responses!

One of the games that really stood out to me from their suggestions was one called The Cloud Dungeon. Not only is it a light-RPG for kids, but you also get to cut everything out and colour it! My daughter is very crafty and so I knew that she would love it. I picked up the print and play version for $7 USD and we spent the last three days prepping and playing. I leave for vacation today and so I'd like to gather my thoughts a little bit more before I do a full review, but here are some pictures of the experience!

the cloud dungeon
Starting out on our adventure - my daughter is on fire and I can shapeshift.

the cloud dungeon
Found some equipment - looking pretty tough now, eh?

the cloud dungeon
Trying to race past the spiders and get up the wall!

the cloud dungeon
Uh oh - I smashed my face and lost an eye...

My daughter really enjoyed this one, although I had to modify some of the content because it was a little too violent for my tastes. As the dungeon master, though, that was easy enough to do and we had a grand ol' time!

Want to find out more? Check out The Cloud Dungeon's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment