Tuesday, December 10, 2019

0-2 (Clank! Legacy: Acquisitions Incorporated)

Two games into Clank! Legacy, two different strategies, the same outcome. In game one, Brennan and I both died, although I managed to score points still. This time, all three of us made it out alive. Stirling ended up with 70 points, only 2 less than during his win last game (he wins the Mr. Consistency Award), I had 96 points (I was a greedy little money grabber) and Brennan had...100! Dang. So close. So two games in and I'm already 0-2. Hopefully there are other ways to win the big game besides winning each scenario. Obviously I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I still want to give some impressions of the game.

(1) During game two, we played a lot differently. Game one we played it more like a traditional game of Clank! We played to win. We ran for the exit. People died. In game two, since we wanted more time to open up boxes and place stickers, we took our time and helped each other more. We tried our best to reduce the clank that went into the bag so none of us would die too quickly. We waited around without exiting the game to give Stirling a chance to finish off a cool quest (he never did). That being said, we still wanted to win. We still made decisions to buy the best cards for us, get the best artifacts, and get the most achievements. Brennan always beats me at regular Clank!, but I really want to take him down in at least one of these games.

(2) The story is so cool. There are A LOT of story entries and different ways to unlock them. We really focused on unlocking new things this game and I think we added 15 or so stickers, 3 or 4 new rules, a bunch of new components, and other fancy stuff. I've heard people complain about the fact that there is so many times where play is stopped - as soon as you unlock/achieve something, you pause your turn and read all of the necessary flavour text and new information. Yeah, sure, this slows down the action of the game, but Clank! Legacy is not just about playing and winning a game. It's about the experience, the helping and hurting your fellow adventurers, and all the cool things you discover. I love the breaks.

Two games and I'm still a loser, but I'm having fun, so that's what matters, right?

Oh man, that's totally something a loser would say...

No comments:

Post a Comment