Tuesday, October 8, 2019

The Thiefiest Thief

It's important to be self-aware. Knowing yourself is the key to growing as a person. I'm well aware of the fact that I am a sore loser. The worst way to lose, though, is to lose at your favourite game. Especially when I lose to Brennan every. Single. TIME! 

My dashing character.

To practice for our upcoming campaign in Clank! Legacy, two of my closest friends (both of whom I've known since kindergarten) came over to revisit the rules in a normal game of Clank! I have the Upper Management Pack, so we chose characters from there but just played on the base game map (the hard side).

Stirling hasn't joined us for a game in a while, but Brennan and I have clanked a few times together over the last year. I don't know what it is about that moron, but he always beats me! Somehow he lurks in the depths of the dungeon, only to escape just before the dragon catches him, and doubles my score. Somehow he always manages to drag the two best artifacts out with him as well. But if I try to hang out in the bowels of the cave along with him, I always end up as fire drake chow.

This time would be different! I bought all of the high movement cards that I could, I zipped into the dungeon, picked up a mediocre artifact, and got the heck out of there. I did manage to snake a good selection of chalices, a monkey idol, and a crown on my way out. Sneaking a skeleton key was a great idea as I slipped out an exit that the other two couldn't get out of.

Sneaking out near the side while my friends languish in the dungeon.

My plan worked perfectly. I got out and both of my best friends were annihilated by a giant reptile. Unfortunately, Brennan still made it to the top half of the board, so the kindly villagers dragged his sorry carcass back to town and nursed him back to health. Not only that, they didn't steal any of his treasure!

Four measly points!

That's the closest I've come to beating Brennan. Couldn't those villagers have taken his six gold at least? Or pocketed one of his artifacts? To be honest, if I knew he was lying in a hotel in the same village as me, I would've raided his treasure while he recuperated.


Next time I'll be the thiefiest thief!

No comments:

Post a Comment