Friday, October 18, 2019

Handing Over the Keys to the Kingdomino

One of my favourite things about the board game hobby is our eagerness to share our love for games with others. I was surprised two years ago to end up with a student teacher who was even bigger board game nerd than I was and now we still get together to throw the dice and shuffle the cards. My current student teacher is not a board game geek...yet.

Last night we had parent/teacher interviews and there are usually bits of time where we don't have any parents booked and so we have some time to kill. Well, I brought along one of my favourite games, Kingdomino, to introduce her to!

We had a prep today while the kids were at music, so we played a quick couple of games to figure out the rules. This game is just so colourful, bright, and beautiful!


After school we convinced the newest edition to our school, an educational assistant, to play with us. I have a spacious closet in my room that I offered to her so this is her home (even though she gets placed in probably 5 different classrooms throughout the course of the day). She joined us for a three player game. While she pretended to be "confused" about the rules at first, she ended up whipping our butts with a solid 52 points. 

The EA didn't seem converted, but my student teacher wants to buy the game to play with her daughter.

On a totally different note, I've got my school 3D printer up and running a little more successfully (thanks to a parent who teaches 3D modeling at a design school in town) and printed off this beauty for the next PnP I'm going to make. Do you know what game it's for?

No comments:

Post a Comment