Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Coming Out of the Shadows (Shadows of Malice)

shadows of malice board game cover artWe all have upcoming games that we're particularly excited about. I can't wait for Clank! Legacy to drop next and to get it to the table with my gaming group. At some point I'll also need to pick up the Temple of the Ape Lords expansion for the regular Clank! game as it's the only expansion I don't have yet. Sleeping Gods, which was recently on Kickstarter, looks really amazing and I want to look more into that when it hits retail.

Today, though, I became extra excited about a game because it was unexpected! When I first got into the hobby in 2013 and I was looking for games to play solo, there was one game that I always really wanted to try but it was out of print: Shadows of Malice. Whenever someone posted about the game on the BoardGameGeek 1-player guild (please join!), I would read it with a fierce jealousy! I had resigned myself to the fact that it was a game that I just wouldn't be able to play, it was just too expensive and rare to pick up used.
Today, that changed. There is a second edition hitting shelves next week! I found out all about it on this thread on BoardGameGeek and the official announcement is here. I have already been in touch with my FLGS (Friendly Local Game Store) to see if they'll be getting it in stock or if I'll at least be able to order it. Why, might you as, am I so excited about this particular game?

  • It was a surprise (never thought I'd be able to get it!)
  • It's cooperative and solo-able
  • It's fantasy
  • it has unique, simplistic yet colorful artwork
  • It's only around $50 Canadian (that's dirty cheap for a giant game like this)
  • It has a big, explorable board


That's why I'm so excited about this. Hopefully my excitement gets YOU excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment