Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Landscaping: The Real Time Dexterity Game

This is a really good game because it really engages your mind and your whole body - especially your back, legs, and groin. It can be played multiplayer or solo and players can easily jump in and out whenever they want. It is strictly a cooperative game, but occasionally you get an unintentional traitor who screws up the rest of the team. There are expansions galore - in fact, if you have money, you could spend it ALL on new features for your yard. Here are some pictures from the event.

One of my neighbors dropped in during the first game and he had the skid steer expansion. Made it so easy to bring the dirt to the backyard.

I couldn't draw the right equipment cards, so I was stuck with the wrong kind of rake and shovel trying to spread the soil around my play area.

Luckily my father-in-law is quite experienced in this game and he helped us score maximum points for our back yard.

In the final round, my dad made quick use of the leveling with the coveted soil roller. He doesn't work out three hours a day for nothing!


The clean up for this game is pretty intense. For that reason alone, I don't think that I could recommend this game to anyone else.

*********

Ha ha ha, I'm so funny. Obviously, I've been spending every spare second working on my yard. I'm trying to get it done before summer break so that I can just enjoy my two months off playing back there with the kids. It probably won't all be done before July starts, but there should just be a few minor things to tweak and finish at that point.

I have had a little bit of time to work on my own again. I had to postpone my co-designer get together (yup, I was digging holes) but we are scheduled again for July 9. I think I've really hit some milestones in terms of balancing player and enemy activation and card draws and the like. Maybe if we get a lot done we can even record a playthrough or something.

Hopefully I'll post something ACTUALLY board game related soon. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment