Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Theo: 1; Report Cards: 0

Another school term and another set of report cards concquered. Although, I must admit, that I thought I had an extra week to put them together. Hence why I've been very absent this last week - (almost) every spare second has gone into writing those bad boys.

It's not the only thing I've been doing, though. My birthday is coming up and I've been thinking about asking for a Gloomhaven insert to make set up/tear down/fitting in the box a little bit easier. As I looked around though, it meant my wife would be dropping at least $75, but probably closer to $90 to get a good one. Could I justify that? No, I could not. That's whole new game I could ask for instead! So, I did what any normal person did and I trekked over to Dollar Tree, bought a few sheets of that foam board stuff, and started making my own insert. I'm about 80% done, just need to make two more big trays for the enemies and health/status trackers. Everything else has a perfect place and I'm really happy with how it's turned out. I'll post a video of it when I'm all done, but beware of spoilers! I'll be unable to hid every piece in the box when I show that insert, so watch at your peril if you don't want to know what all the enemies and heroes look like.

I was perusing instagram lately and came across a post by Never Bored Gaming (@never.bored.gaming) about a new game coming to Kickstarter called Ignite. It seems to be the second game by Ginger Snap Gaming and looks really cool. It's a tactical, deckbuilding arena/battle type of game. Not that miniatures mean everything, but it will have miniatures with a cool feature - you put little daggers in their backs to indicate when they've been wounded. Sweet, eh? I watched a few of the videos on their website and I think it's got some serious potential. Check it out at www.gingersnapgaming.com

That's all for now. I'm hoping to have at least a little bit more free time this week to get some gaming or at least writing about gaming in. March 22nd is the start of my Spring Break, so there should definitely be some time there!

No comments:

Post a Comment