Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Sniped

They needed to put out that beacon before reinforcements arrived. The ratmen had been working hard to exterminate the humans from this part of the world. They were very close, but if the beacon was lit, it would all be for naught. But they didn't know how to stop that mysterious, magical man. He tore through their ranks like a knife through paper. Finally they were able to surround him, swarming him with their largest warriors. 

Numbers didn't seem to matter. He threw them off with a mixture of magic and fighting prowess. When the flying bodies cleared, the strange man had retreated to the back of the cave.

The ratmen charged again. The giant rat warriors distracted the terrifying man-god, while the sniper lined up a shot with their poisoned darts.

They could sense that he was finally beginning to weaken.

The snipers carefully lined up their shots. They fired. They hit.

Their list of casualities was enormous, but they had finally taken down the demon that has plagued them. They quickly put out the beacon before reinforcements realized they were needed and continued their conquest of humankind.

*****

So yes, this is my game and it might not make total sense because I've stolen pieces from Zombicide: Black Plague. The walkers are supposed to be assassins, the fatties are the warriors, and the runners are the snipers. 

This mission is tentatively #2 in the campaign for this upcoming game. In it, you are called in to light and protect a beacon. The beacon fire will call reinforcements to the area and push back the enemies. This mission won't actually be the ratmen, that's from mission #1, but I haven't made the other creatures yet. You need to make it until round 30 and I made it to 21. I was really happy with losing because it felt like I had a chance to live if I had played things a little more smartly and kept a few more block cards. The toughest part of all of this is the balancing - how far should bad guys move? How much should they hit for? How much health should they have? How much XP should they gift? Ay yi yi! 

I made a few tweaks since my last game and this one felt pretty well balanced. Obviously lots to do still, but it's coming! Aaron (my co-designer) and I are meeting tonight to talk story. Once that happens I can start working on the missions and enemies in more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment