Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas Eve Game Night

So Logan and Jenn came over Christmas Eve and they brought with them a special Christmas Eve game!  It was one of the escape room board games that has been becoming so popular lately.  This particular one was The Forbidden Castle from the Exit The Game series by Kosmos.  It was a 4/5 for difficulty and it felt like it!  It took us a little over two hours to escape the castle, but we did it!  There were some crazy difficult puzzles in there, but in the end we were victorious!  

For $15, this is definitely something that I would recommend.  I've done one real escape room before and it was a lot of fun, but it was about $15 per person (I think?) and we had to put on pants and leave the house.  This was $15 for four people and we sat in my dining room in our PJs.  Hard to beat that.  The puzzles were varied and difficult, so you really have to put your thinking caps on!

Our brains were fried after solving so many riddles, so we tackled something lighter afterwards.  Logan had received Harvest Dice as a stocking stuffer and so we gave it a go!

Nine dice are rolled at the beginning of each round: 3 green for lettuce, 3 green for tomatoes, and 3 yellow for carrots.  You choose a die and plant that vegetable in that number.  After you've planted your first of each vegetable, subsequent plants must be adjacent to a similar vegetable.  The last die of the round is not chosen but increases the value of that type of vegetable.

Vegetables that you cannot plant are fed to your pig.  Fill a row of six feedings to a pig and you gain a piggie power that allows you to increase or decrease a die by 1.  You also gain points for feeding the pigs.

Below is my scoresheet from game one.  I lost, but I realized after that I had counted wrong (I actually had 73 points, but, I still lost).

I received 21 points for my carrots because I had 7 planted and they were worth 3 each (the Xs at the bottom show the value of each vegetable).  My horribly drawn lettuce earned me 12 points and my pretty good tomatoes scored me 20.  I had 10 points for completed two full rows (5 points per) and 10 points for my piggies fed.  

A nice, simple, quick, little dice game.  I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment