Thursday, November 16, 2017

King of Domino!

Logan and his wife came over on Sunday night to play some games.  They've been spot on with some games that they thought my wife would enjoy (she's not a gaming nerd like the rest of us, although she's always willing to try something new).

First we tried out my brand new pick up, 5-Minute Dungeon.  This is a real time cooperative game where you are battling your way through a dungeon to fight an end boss.  You battle the obstacles and monsters of the dungeon by matching symbols on their card with symbols on the cards from your hand.  As a team, you furiously put your cards down to defeat an obstacle as fast as possible - you only have 5 minutes to get through a dungeon!  Frantic, light, and easy to learn - the perfect game to kick off our night!

From there we went a little bit heavier and tackled The Pursuit of Happiness.  You've seen me post on this before and, truth be told, I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures.  The highlight of the game for me was that I managed to take two of the life goals: die first (9 long term happiness points) and own the most items (5 points).  This launched me into second place, but I just couldn't catch Jenn - she's too happy!

Logan seems to think that he's turning me into a Euro gamer and he's using my wife to do it.  The last game we played was Kingdomino.  This is a tile drafting, domino-style kingdom building game.

Here's my game one kingdom: a 48 point victory!  I rarely win at these games, I especially never beat Logan, Jenn, and Sharayah, and never at the same time!

Game 2 - I managed to pull out another victory!  This time I fully completed my board with no gaps and scored 50 points!

I don't anticipate this happening often, but at least it happened this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment