Monday, November 6, 2017

Mission to Genesis VII (Playthrough of Xenoshyft: Dreadmire)

Earth Command to Genesis VII Command.  
This is General Hammond.  Do you read?  
Over.
Roger that Earth Command, we read you loud
and clear.  This is Captain Parker.  Over.
Glad to hear that a stable connection has been 
established, Captain Parker.  Have you 
received your mission instructions?  Is everything 
clear?  Over.
Roger.  Early reports have shown the alien 
lifeforms to be hostile.  There have been no 
direct confrontations but some of our equipment 
has gone missing or been damaged.  Over.
Understood Captain.  This expedition will 
turn out to be very lucrative for us.  Be careful, 
but get the job done.  We need to harvest as 
much xenosathem as possible.  Understood?  
Over.
Understood.  Over. 

Earth Command, come in Earth Command.
This is Captain Parker from Genesis VII.  Over.
We hear you Captain.  What's going on.  
Over.
We have been in direct conflict with the alien 
species of this planet.  They attacked our digging 
equipment.  A ranger led two militia in an attack 
and scared them off.  No serious damage was 
done, but I fear they're going to continue to 
become more hostile General.  Over.
Roger that Captain.  Keep us posted and get 
the job done as soon as possible.  Over.

Earth Command this is Genesis VII Command.
Do you read?  Over.
Roger that, we read you.  
What happened?  Over.
They waited until night time to attack again.
We thought we could hold them off but one of
the aliens, a creature that looked like some kind
of zombie dog, came back to life after we killed it.
It was riddled with bullets, but once the troops let
their guard down, it jumped back to its feet and
attacked them, killing them all.  The beast attacked
command and did minor damage before he was finally
exterminated for good.  Recommendations?  Over.
Continue with the mission as planned.  We'll 
get this done as fast as possible with as few 
casualties as possible and get out of there.  
Over.
We have already had more casualties 
than we should have General.  Over.
Get the job done Captain.  Over.

Earth Command - we lost more men this morning.
A giant spider-like creature flayed the skin from
their bones.  Their death screams were terrifying.
We need to pull out.  Over.
Negative - we will send reinforcement.  
This mission will fail unless I let it.  
Over.

Earth Command!  General!  If you don't 
pull us out of here, we will all be dead.
What is going on down there Captain?  
Over.
A giant beast crashed through our troops today.
We thought we had the enemy on the run whe
this creature arrived.  It went through our ranks
like a Mack truck.  It splattered a ranger and a
research officer before colliding with our command
base.  Our soldiers almost took him down, he was
bleeding from countless wounds, but he didn't all
for good until he had done extensive damage to the base.
I'm surprised we were able to get this message out.  
How much xenosathem have you
harvested so far?  Over.
Are you even listening to me?  These aliens are
not backing down.  In fact, they're getting more
aggressive and sending out bigger and badder
creatures all the time.  If you don't pull us out now
there won't be anyone left alive harvest any more
of your precious minerals.  Over.
Watch your tone.  I understand the situation is 
bleak but our military needs these resources to 
survive.  If this mission isn't a success there 
may not be any more missions to go on.  Over.
*silence*

If you don't pull us out of here in one more day, 
I'm making the order myself.  Over.
Let's just get through today.  Over.

General, please help us.  I...I...I can't do this.  
Over...
Get a hold of yourself Captain.  You are a 
veteran soldier.  What is going on?  Over.
Another giant spider creature, this one stronger
than last time.  But that's not the worst part.  Some
of these aliens have the...umm..ability...to kill
our troops and turn them back on us...
What?  What do you mean?
We had to battle some of our own men today,
only they had been killed and were now being
controlled by the aliens.
Impossible.  
I'd feel the same way if I didn't see it.
I don't know what to tell my troops.
Ok, I will start working on how to get you 
out of there.  If I can.  Start packing up what 
you've harvested already.


Earth command, this is Genesis VII command.
Do you read me?  Over.
Captain, I told you I'm working on it.  
Over.
I think they're going to attack again.  Not only is
a foggy night, but a severe storm has come rolling
in as well.  I can barely see anything out there.  
Wait.  I heard something.  A howl...

I see it.  It's giant.  It looks like something out of
Jurassic Park.  Our troops engaging it but I don't
know what they're going to be able to...oh no!
Holy crap!
Darnit, what is going on Captain?
He just leaped over the front soldiers and killed
on in the back!  Then he jumped right back over
and took our a soldier in the front. It's like he's
just toying with us.
  
Oh wait, the guy in the back isn't dead.
Another soldier helped him up.  Now he and a
ranger are protecting our sniper. 
We might have a chance.


Oh no.  We're done.  We took down the first
colossus, but there are three more coming right
behind him.  There's no one left to stop them.
Some people have evacuated, I don't know if
they get any of the xenosathem out.
I don't care about that now!  Get out of there!
It's too late for me.


This base can't take another hit.
Tell my family I love them.
Tell them this is all your fault.
Captain!  Captain!  Talk to me!
*silence*

No comments:

Post a Comment